SOUTHEY CONTRACTING has become the largest industrial painting and thermal insulation company in South Africa and has played a part in most major industrial developments in the country since 1939.
With the recent growth of the African oil and gas industry, Southey Contracting has developed the capacity to undertake contracts for clients in this field. The company provides specialist expertise and skilled labour combined with appropriate products, equipment and maintenance solutions to its clients in order to improve and protect their assets. Southey Contracting operates from premises throughout South Africa, with permanent cross-border operations in Namibia.
Southey Contracting’s impressive customer base includes Chevron, Eskom, Engen, Mondi, Illovo, Murray & Roberts, Sapref and Sasol.
Operating within the strict protocols of the ISO requirements, Southey Contracting has been ISO 9001 – 2000 accredited and its safety policy is in accordance with NOSA safety standards.
Southey Contracting comprises:
- Operations in Durban, Cape Town, Gauteng, Richards Bay and Saldhana Bay.
- Cross-border operations in Namibia.
The following services are provided:
- Grit/abrasive blast cleaning
- Automated blasting (crawler & track blasting)
- HP industrial and cleaning
- UHP water blasting
- Application of sophisticated industrial coatings
- Specialised maintenance programmes including life cycle coatings
- Tank lining
- Pipe lining, coating and wrapping
- Thermal metal spraying (TSA)
- Application of passive fire protection, both cementitious and intumescent
- Thermal insulation incorporating various sheet metal and mastic finishing
- Acoustic insulation
- Asbestos removal
- Scaffolding supply/hire and erection
- Rope access and specialised rigging
- Netting access systems